A Common Sense Conservative Choice
With over 30 years of business experience, Mike Holmes knows the value of hard work. He started working in the agribusiness industry at an early age. Mike has been a salesman, a timber farmer, a business owner and a CEO for a multi-million dollar company. Mike knows how to meet a payroll and live within his means. Montgomery needs someone who will hold the line on reckless spending and ensure our State continues to get its fiscal house in order. Mike will work to create new jobs in House District 31 and will never vote for a tax increase.
As a family man and business man, Mike Holmes has the right combination of talents and experiences to bring the best representation to House District 31. If elected, Mike will fight to create new jobs, provide better education for our children and support our farmers who are vital to Distrct 31.
Mike has served as Chairman of the Elmore County Republican Party since March 2011. Mike also had the honor of representing Alabama as a delegate to the Republican National Convention in Tampa last year. He is also a charter member and former officer of the Wetumpka Tea Party.
Mike is married to the former Shirley Russell and they just celebrated their golden anniversary. Mike and Shirley have two children and four grandchildren. As a family man, Mike knows how important it is for the people of Elmore and Coosa counties to have their Christian conservative values represented. Mike will be a fresh new face in Montgomery and represent us with honesty and integrity.
About Mike Holmes
- Married to Shirley Russell Holmes for over 50 years
- Father of two, grandfather of four
- B.S., Troy State University in Physical Sciences
- Member, St. Johns Episcopal Church in Montgomery, AL
- Member, Lay Pastoral Visitors group at St. John’s Church
- Volunteer teacher in Youth Challenge program in Elmore County
- Charter Member and former officer of the Wetumpka Tea Party
- Former Member of the Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member of the Montgomery Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Alabama Forestry Association
- Chairman. Elmore County Republican Party (2012 -2013)
- Delegate, Republican National Convention (Tampa 2012)
- Over 30 years experience in business management